Posts tagged "Article"
"Certain artists don’t go on stage without their meat costumes; I’ve got my fedora."Gavin DeGraw [x]
As shared by Gavin DeGraw (from US Weekly):
1. I got stung by a dead bee once.
2. I enjoy the smell of black cherry pipe tobacco.
3. I once split my pants right up the middle when I was on stage. #embarrassing
4. My first kiss was my camp counselor’s little sister. Don’t worry — she was my age!
5. I had an economy car in high school.
6. A bath is heads and shoulders above a shower, as long as you shower off afterward.
7. Firm pillows bug me.
8. I’m dynamite on the grill.
9. I love Bing Crosby’s Christmas album.
10. I used to sneak my guitar into jobs to secretly write songs.
11. I feel bad about losing my dad’s dog tags.
12. My favorite acting performance is Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone.
13. My great-grandpa Burnsie taught dirty dancing in the Catskills back in the day, just like Patrick Swayze.
14. My favorite color is green, but oddly, my favorite season is fall, when that color disappears.
15. I never mastered Lincoln Logs. All my cabins looked more like campfires.
16. I once had a job walking dogs.
17. Best soup of all time? Tomato!
18. I fell asleep on a bulldozer, engine running.
19. I thought I had pretty good taste when I was in high school.
20. I prefer traveling the country in my tour bus.
21. I love the original Dunkin’ Donut (the one with the handle for dunking).
22. My prized possession is my 1967 Shelby Mustang.
23. I used to play the piano so hard my fingertips would bleed.
24. I did my first professional show at the age of 15.
25. I got a speeding ticket on the way to the prom. It cost me more than the limo.
Dancing with the Stars features a musical artist in its cast, it’s usually someone who’s several years past his prime, or someone who was never that A-list to begin with. That’s why it’s a big deal that Gavin DeGraw has joined the cast of the ABC reality show for the new season, which kicks off March 19. Not only is he a still-successful pop star, but he’s currently enjoying one of the biggest hits of his career with “Not Over You.”
"Not Over You" was co-written by Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic,who spilled the beans on Gavin’s plans when he told reporters at the Grammys earlier this month that he heard his buddy was doing Dancing with the Stars. But the question is, why? Gavin’s just about to launch a tour which will run from March 8 right up until the start of the show, which means he’ll have to rehearse while he’s on the road.
"It’s going to be complicated. I’m not gonna lie," he told ABC News Radio. "[But] I’m not as worried about the travel and the work regimen as I am about my performance."
Why put all that pressure on himself, though? Gavin says, “The amount of touring I do, and the schedule and my workload is already so insane, that I just feel like it’s one more layer of icing on top of a wedding cake at this point. [So] I may as well do as absolutely as much as possible.” To help him, he’s taking his pro partner, Karina Smirnoff, on the road with him.
"I’m gonna go to as many locations as we can," she tells ABC News Radio. "We’re gonna try to fit [in] the rehearsals, especially before the first show, the premiere, as much as we can."
Still, it’s not like Gavin needs to do Dancing with the Stars. His career is going great at the moment, so what’s he going to get out of it? “This, to me, is a breakout of my own little box,” he explains. “I’m a piano player…so I always have that big piece of furniture between me and the audience. So this is gonna be exciting for me, just to try to figure out what do you do when there’s no furniture between you and the people you’re entertaining!”
As a performer and a musician, we can assume that Gavin at least has some sort of rhythm. But can he dance at all? Not so much. “I’m completely uncomfortable dancing,” he tells ABC News Radio, laughing. “I always wanted to dance, I just never knew where to put my feet!”Source wild1049hd.com
If you have a girlfriend, you might as well just let this gig pass by. Gavin DeGraw, the American platinum-selling singer is coming back to Copenhagen and according to USA Today, “Gavin DeGraw is going to steal your girlfriend.” [x]